Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Looking for a good movie.....

Hey everyone, my cousin Kelly has a blog that I read often, I highly respect her opinion and she mentioned a new movie that was out that she felt was really good. Most movies made these days are not worth watching because of all the garbage, but if Kelly says its worth watching, I'll give it a try. Here is what she said:

Tonight Ben and I enjoyed a date night. We went out to dinner and then headed to the theater. We are not huge movie watchers (especially me), but I saw the previews for the "Nativity Story" and really wanted to see it. It was great! Christians can be very supportive of this movie as it is in line with the scriptures. I was pleasantly surprised to see how accurate the movie was and would encourage others to go see it.I remember a few years ago when I saw "The Passion of Christ." I couldn't help but feel so overwhelmingly loved by God after I saw in detail what Christ went through to pay for my sin. I don't deserve this gift of salvation. How thankful I am for the grace of God!!! After seeing the "Nativity Story," I again am left to reflect on what I have witnessed. A few things stick out in my mind:1. Christ entered this world in the most humble of conditions!2. King Herod was more evil than I can imagine.3. Joseph was a man of great character for protecting his wife over his own honor.4. Mary was just a normal woman chosen by God for a special purpose.5. Jesus Christ is truly the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!During this special time of year, I hope you're not afraid to say "Merry CHRISTmas!" It is so easy to get caught up in the decorations, the cooking, the singing, the parties, and the gift exchanging and totally forget the real reason we are celebrating. We put so much time and energy into our holiday that we often forget Christ. I want to spend time this year reflecting on the most important gift - and it isn't a gift purchased with money. It is a gift given by God and it is the wonderful gift of eternal life. Christ paid a big price for this gift and it is a gift that can never be taken away. Eternal life, salvation, is found only through the blood of Jesus Christ. He died on the cross to pay a debt I could never pay. Jesus isn't just the baby lying in a manger. He is the man who came to earth with a mission - to die on the cross for our sins. THIS is the most important gift you can receive. What a wonderful gift salvation is!!!"For whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." Romans 10:13. Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

Kelly Glupker said...

Have you gone to see it? Maybe you and Shawn should have a date night.