Friday, July 15, 2011

Good Bye Facebook

For those of you who actually look at my blog, you may have noticed I am doing a better job of keeping up on posting! The reason....I am off of facebook! I didn't realize until I stopped using it just how much time I WASTED on that site. It sure does free up your time when your not constantly looking to see who updated their status or to see who commented on yours. This week the kids got more of me, I was able to find some great ideas for making my own cleaning supplies, and I learned from some awesome blogs on how to can peaches (my next adventure). I have to admit that facebook does have some good and that it could be fun at times, but it also has tons of negative. Too often I read a status update that was perverted, or mean or some type of gossip. Friend's pages would get a virus and nasty video clips would get posted on their page without permission. People type things they might not have felt so bold to say out loud and feelings get hurt. I know I hurt family members by some of the posts I made because I didn't think before I typed. The only regret I have about leaving facebook is that I didn't take the advice of my husband, my dad and my pastor sooner. Life does go on without facebook and in fact it's better!!!


See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

Ephesians 5:15-16

4 comments:

Meg said...

Good luck on the peaches! They are messy, but sooooo worth it. I will also be canning some this year. I didn't have to do any last year because I had enough, but now I'm out.

The Sullivan's said...

Oooh, I'd love to learn to can peaches! Let me know when you're doing it... I could "observe", lol.

Our Family said...

I think all canning projects are messy:) I am hoping that I do it right! My kids love canned peaches and we are trying to buy less of our food from the grocery store and more from local farm markets and growing our own. You are welcome to observe Sarah!

chodgkiss said...

Amen sister on the whole facebook issue!:) Glad you are willing to take a stand even when it may not be popular!!