Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Ouch!!! That HURT!!
I did something really stupid today...I mean REALLY stupid. I was just finishing up canning cherry pie filling as Shawn got home from work. I also had dinner on the stove and three little munchkins running around the kitchen. The house was chaotic and loud as Celeste and Shawn were talking to me at the same time, Shiloh was singing at the top of her lungs and Trevor was going around the kitchen picking things up with my jar lifter. The timer went off for my cherry jars and I shut off the burner and then I did the unthinkable...I didn't wait for the pressure to relieve from the pot of jars and I took off the top as soon as I shut the stove top off. You seasoned canners know exactly what happened next, but for those of you who don't use a canner, let me tell you what happened. The lid to my canner exploded up as did all the STEAMING SCOLDING water and landed on my bare feet. Hot water was everywhere and I was hurting BAD. Shiloh was so startled that she sat on the floor sobbing and I ran up to the bathroom to put my feet in cold water. Two hours later here I sit at the computer with my feet still soaking in cold water while everyone else is at church. I cannot believe how bad my feet are throbbing and burning. Dumb, dumb, dumb! I have a feeling I won't be wearing shoes for a few days.