Sunday, August 14, 2011

Garage Sale



I had a garage sale this past week with my Grandma Thelma during Mint Festival week in St.Johns. I pretty much sold everything I brought and it was really nice spending time with my grandma, that is when she wasn't mowing lawn, pacing her house or going out on runs for the blue bus she drives part time. Phew, she can make my head spin. I hope I have 1/2 the energy she does when I'm 75 years old! She is one of the most unique grandma's you would ever meet and I love her to pieces.
The kids had a great time too. They were spoiled with lots of junk food and enjoyed having a cookie/vegetable stand. Celeste is such a little sales lady. Anyone that came to the sale was pounced on immediately with a "Would you like to buy some cookies or vegetables from my stand?". She made me laugh towards the end of the sale when all her cookies were gone and most of her vegetables were still there on the table. She said "Mom, I think there is going to have to be a famine in the land for me to sell these squash." HA!

No comments: