Saturday, November 19, 2011

Parenting Book

I finished reading the book "Don't Make Me Count to Three!" by Ginger Plowman this week. It is now one of my favorite parenting books. I loved this book because it wasn't just about getting your child to obey and act right, but how to get to the heart and lead them to do right because of Christ. We have been dealing with TATTLING at our house lately....I know, shocking right? And it has been driving me nuts. It's like nails down a chalk board every time I here one of my kids say to the other in a not so kind way "I AM TELLING!!". I started implementing some of the ideas from the book and I have already noticed a change and decrease in the "tale bearing" as we call it. This book is definitely worth the read and full of awesome advice from a Christian mom.


Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

1 comment:

Kelly Glupker said...

I loved that book. I need a refresher for sure! "Give Them Grace" by Elyse Fitzpatrick is another great book! It focuses on teaching your kids that it is impossible for them to be "good" on their on and how to incorporate the gospel into every day parenting.