Friday, March 16, 2012

You Need Him Too

None of us wants to think of ourselves as "bad", but did you know that we all are? The bible says that there is none righteous (or perfect) before God. We all have sinned and come short of His glory. I was thinking today about my view vs. Gods view of sin. Most people would probably scoff at someone who would cheat on their spouse, but would think it ok to "just look". Do you know that Jesus said if you just look upon a person with lust you have committed adultery in your heart? Ouch! Most people would judge the drug addict or drunk as a dirty rotten sinner but consider their own sin of gluttony (over eating) to be ok. We will point our fingers at the woman smoking a cigarette and cussing like a sailor but think our gossiping tongue is nothing to be ashamed at. We would say a murderer deserves Hell, but God says if you have hate in your heart for another person you are just as guilty. There is a story in the Bible of a woman that had committed adultery and the people were lining up to stone her (throw big rocks at her) as a form of punishment. Jesus was there and said "Let he that is without sin throw the first stone.". Do you know that not one person could throw a stone?! That's us! We are ALL full of sin and unrighteousness. That's why we need grace! Grace is God giving us what we don't deserve...Him. I was unholy in God's eyes before I became a Christian, but because I have put my faith in His Son, He no longer see's my sin. It is was washed away, forgiven and FORGOTTEN. Does that mean I no longer struggle with sin?? Not even close. It's a daily battle to live for God, and many times my flesh wins. But I am striving, with Gods help to live a crucified life. Everyone of us is in need of Gods grace, not just the adulterer, the murderer or the addict. I pray that if you have not experienced God's grace that you will understand your need for Him today. He loves you and wants you to turn to Him. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have ever lasting life.

No comments: