Thursday, July 31, 2008

What We've Been Up To

Its been a super busy summer, hard to believe its more than half over already. We took the kids to the Ionia Free Fair three times last week. Shawn and I are suckers for fair food. I love elephant ears and the kids like the cotton candy and the rides. My mom and I took them one day and we watched the horse pulls and some barrel racing.
We have a garden again this year and its doing awesome. We have buckets of green beans and grape tomatoes. Shawns been doing most of the work in it, he's becoming quite the farmer. In the past, I have done all the work (watering, weeding....) but with two little ones and the mountain of a belly I'm sporting its too much.
I have less than 10 weeks to go to my due date. The baby is getting so strong and is moving all the time. I'm anticipating another "big one" but hoping its under 10lbs this time. So far I've gained 23lbs, which is really good for me.
The kids are doing great. They love being outside on their swing set, playing in the creek and going down to the neighbors swimming. We have some really nice neighbors 3 houses down that have an in ground pool and are never home to use it. They let us go down and use it whenever we like. There have been mornings that I've gotten Trevor out of bed and the first words out of his mouth are "I go Jack's house swimming mom, I get wet". He is talking so well for only being 22 months. I think its because he listens to Celeste and her nonstop chatter box. Man that girl can gab.
We sold our gas guzzling Trailblazer and bought a Ford Windstar Mini Van which we really like. There's so much room! We are also still trying to sell the house, and have had it shown 12 times with no offers yet. I'm trying to be patient and wait on God to get is sold. We would really like to be out in the country, but we'll see.
Next month we have Shawn's mom coming to stay with us for a week, which will be nice. The kids haven't seen her since February. We are also going on a canoe trip and are planning on taking the kids to the zoo.
Well other than that, not much going on. I hope everyone else is enjoying the summer as much as we are. Only a few more weeks to go and fall is right around the corner.

No comments: