Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another year goes by.


Hard to believe my little boy would have been 10 today. This day is always difficult. He's been on my heart so much lately. The bitter cold weather seems to take me back to that time and the memories become too fresh. I think about how hard it was to say good bye, but then I have to remind myself that its only temporary. My Peyton is waiting for me.

I am thankful that the Lord used this circumstance in my life to draw me closer to Him. I think if He hadn't taken my boy from me, my heart would have never been open to Gods word. Peyton's death made me realize how hard it must have been to GIVE up a son, and He did it willingly for me.....and you. To make such a sacrifice, God truly loves us. Would I have been so willing, given the choice? Probably not. Where I am selfish God is not.

I am missing my boy on his 10th birthday and wishing he was here to celebrate but knowing that on this day he is Heaven with the Savior. That's better than any party I could have given him.

So happy birthday to you my sweet boy. Until we meet again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss him too! That winter break from college where I got to spend a lot of time with him was great.... even though he didn't like sharing his toys with me, but he broke me in for fiona doing the same thing. It is still hard to imagine that this actually happened. I wonder if he would have Shawn's same chicken legs.

I wouldn't know what to do if something like that ever happened to my children. But I am very proud of you and Shawn for having the ability to stick together through thick and thin to have a wonderful family.

Miss ya'll everyday!! Jason

The Sullivan's said...

I miss Peyton so much. I never truly understood your loss until I became a mother myself. My thoughts are with you today. Love you.

Kelly Glupker said...

Jess,
You are one strong woman! I am so sorry you lost your precious boy on this earth. God used Peyton in your life and I am so thankful for him. You are a great example to me of what it is like to truly trust and follow God, even in the hard times.
Thank you for the reminder of how God willingly gave us His Son, Jesus. He loves us soooo much! I'm sure you have a deeper appreciation for this than I do because of your loss.