Friday, August 27, 2010

Tori and Liberty


I have wanted horses ever since I can remember! I've always admired their beauty and loved riding them. Celeste has inherited her moms love for horses and so for her birthdy this year we got her riding lessons. She has learned so much and has turned into a little pro already. Its so sweet to see the big smile on her face when she is riding and learning to handle the horse. We finally got our very own horses this July! We bought a 9 year old quarter horse named Liberty and our neighbor gave us a 24 year old companion horse named Tori (aka grandma horse). Celeste is one happy little girl. She told me that when she thinks about Tori and Liberty it makes her heart feel full of love:) Both horses are very gentle and kid safe, although grandma horse does have a fiesty side. Its funny to see her boss around Liberty who out weighs her by atleast 200lbs!
We have had a great time learning the ropes of owning horses and even Shawn has gotten into it. I think he almost likes riding as much as I do.

No comments: