Friday, January 04, 2008

Potty training at 15 months


Celeste was only 19 months when she started using the potty and was pretty much trained by 20 months. I thought she was very young to be potty trained and was very proud of her for doing so well. After all, I've seen 4 year olds that still pooped in a diaper. But this Christmas Jason, Wendy and Fiona came for a visit and I watched their 17 month old daughter (who, as Jason would say, doesn't speak a lick of english), grab herself and say Kaka. Jason would run her to the bathroom and she would do her duty on the pot. I thought this was amazing and it inspired me to start introducing it to Trevor who is 15 months. So starting yesterday every time I changed Trevor's diaper I would sit him on the pot and say pee-pee. He seemed to think it was a fun game and would laugh and repeat what I had just said "pee-pee". I wasn't expecting too much out of him, because as many of you know, he is a bit of a space cadet. But today my beast of child totally and completely surprised me by going pee-pee twice and get this HE EVEN POOPED on the pot! I'm going to keep at it and see what happens!

No comments: